No Sit-ups required
You do not have to do sit ups to have a six pack
I keep a full six pack year round with zero sit-ups.
Its not genetics; no one in my family is lean, muscular, fit… all the way down the family line. Not to mention not long ago I had a fat, 50 inch waist!
I used to do sit ups all the time growing up, I saw rocky doing them and thought thats what it took… no wonder I never got a six pack.
They also had me eating my whole grain bread, jogging, drinking skim milk, and all that other nonsense… NEVER worked for me, I only got fatter.
Its true, some people are naturally lean and can have a six pack no matter what they do, but they are in the minority.
Some things you can do to help uncover your six pack:
- Diet: This is KEY. Right foods at the right times, scientist call it “nutrient timing”
- Supplements: I generally do not recommend most fat burners, most are simply speed and potentially dangerous; but, there are healthy – natural supplements that can aid in the process
- Hanging leg raises: Once you lose the fat, these can really help build a ripped mid section.
- Planks: Work your way up to 3 sets of 60 seconds planks then move to leg raises
- Strongman training: Farmers carries, suitcase carries, waiters carries… these I LOVE! Transfers over to real life, like carrying your kids, groceries, working around the house.
- Heavy squats and Deadlifts: Couple this with the right diet protocol, the right supplements, great things can happen… make sure your form is on point. Get a proven trainer, you can get seriously hurt.
- Hill sprints: They simply work. A real sprint will never be longer than 20 seconds.
- Metabolic workouts: Programmed properly and timed with your eating, these can melt fat off your body. It’s not as simple as chasing fatigue, you need a good coach to get the most out of them and keep you safe and moving forward, plateaus can and will happen.
There are many other methods I use with myself and my clients. But these should give you a generally idea.
Jogging and sit-ups are not the best way to lose belly fat.
I employ my Sõl Food Diet (SFD) with my family, my clients, and myself to achieve the fastest results. Me and my wife lost over 170lbs combined and my clients in 2013 lost thousands of pounds.
Many of my clients realized their dream of seeing their abs for the first time in their whole lives. A truly great feeling when you have been chasing it, doing sit ups for hours a day and getting mislead by the media.
SFD… It simply works.